Saturday 16 June 2007

Giant F'ing Robots are coming!

As the arrival of the Transformers movie draws near, movie toys started to "flood" local departmental stores from June 2nd onwards. When I first saw pictures of the movie toys, only Optimus Prime caught my eye. As the others were a total departure from what their cartoon versions looked like. A lot of G1 fans were complaining about how their beloved TFs were now fugly looking Lego Bionicle rejects. I however was metally prepared, when the live movie was announced. Unless the new movie is going to be set in the 1980s & targeted at kids, no way can they keep the original look of the Transformers without them turning out like jokes in live action. If I want to see a cute Volkswagon Bumblebee or size-changing tape deck Soundwave, I can just watch the cartoons. What I want to see on the big screen are high tech looking Robots kicking ass, Michael Bay style! Ok, enough rambling. Back to the toys. My initial plan of getting just Optimus flew out the window when I came across this picture:


Now I gotta buy all those in that picture. Aargh!

...& I did (minus the "2008" Bumblebee, which is still unreleased at point of posting)






Optimus Prime










Ironhide








Ratchet








Jazz








Barricade










The Gang








Lastly, here's a shot of my "Blockbusters of Summer 2007" display.
(Pardon the poor-quality-handphone-taken picture)

4 comments:

Shaun said...

glad to see you start your blog, sideswipe, have subscribed to you on bloglines, and linked to you on my blog.

Sideswipe said...

All thanks to your suggestion, Shaun! I still have much to learn about the functions of the blog & will try to add more content & links too. Your blog is my inspiration. =)

Shaun said...

hi sideswipe, many thanks for the kind words and linking to my blog as well. :) I'm sure you'll find your way around blogger pretty easily, do check with me if you need any help and I'll try to help as much as I can.

Sideswipe said...

Thanks, really appreciate it!