Sunday 17 February 2008

The Immortal Captain

2007 was the year we lost one of Earth's Mightiest Super-Hero, Captain America (aka Steve Rogers) was assassinated in the comics. What better way to honour the memory of Ol' "Winghead" than a new Cap statue sculpted by Randy Bowen. Actually, Bowen Designs released 2 versions of the statue: Classic & World War II. I'm glad that I'm able to get my hands on the Classic as quite a few shops got their orders cut, likely due to the added demand brought on by Cap's death. Personally, I prefer the pose of the earlier Cap statue that Bowen did, as it looks more noble and more befitting of the Cap. The details & paint on the new one is better done though.














This Cap statue comes with 2 bases which can be stacked to increase the overall height (as seen in the first photo) or used separately. I'm not really fond of the "booster" base as I feel Bowen overkilled it with the stars. It looks more at home at a circus than under Captain America. The other base however, is more appropriate for a American Hero, sculpted with what looks like a United States Presidential Seal. But, sloppy paint kinda ruins it, & it's not just on mine as I seen quite a few with similar plight.






Here's Cap with fellow Avenger, Thor:








AVENGERS IN SINGAPORE! (added on 24 Feb 2008)

photoshopped wallpaper:

Credits: Mr. Daniel Cheong for the background photo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at sideswipesark.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from this blog post above if I provide a link back to this site?

Thanks,
Jules

Sideswipe said...

Hi Jules,
No problem & thanks for the interest!
=)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at sideswipesark.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from this blog post right above if I provide a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Peter