Thursday 3 January 2008

Misa Misa

I can't believe I held off doing a gallery for my first ever female 12" figure for so long, so her gallery will have the honour of being my first post in 2008. Misa Amane is the third Death Note RAH released by Medicom & I got her back in October 2007. Her box design follows the same trend as the previous 2, simple yet effective.










One of the highlights of this figure is the rubbery outer skin of the upper body which effectively hides any unsightly joints when her torso is exposed. Her outfit is also very nicely done, from the "fur" on the hood of the jacket to the cutting of her inner tank top that helps accent her curves. She comes with a few nice accessories like her own Death Note notebook, a cross necklace & even black panties :P. But all these came at a price, she doesn't come with any extra pair of hands :(. The arms of my Misa also pop off quite easily, not sure if it's a isolated case. Nonetheless, she's still a cutie & great to display with Light & L.















11 comments:

Shaun said...

greats shots, love the photoshop work,esp the last pix.

Sideswipe said...

Thanks! Sadly, these photos came with a high price. I broke Light's right shoulder when taking off his jacket. *sob* Any one know where I can get a RAH301 Kai Naked body in Singapore? or better yet a spare shoulder part.

KENNY said...

Nice. Do I spot a Death Note movie poster in the last pic?

Sideswipe said...

Yup. I got the backgrounds from the official Japan website for the Movie.

Shaun said...

Damn medicom bodies! hope you manage to work something out with roy.

Sideswipe said...

Yeah, after breaking it then I realise how fragile some of the joints are. The durability of so much movement is depended on such thin & brittle plastic. "Excellent" design work, Medicom! I've contacted TFH & I hope they are able to order it in for me. Thanks again for the heads up, Shaun! From now on, I'm gonna treat all my RAHs like new born babies.

Shaun said...

That's great to know man. Let me know how much it costs when it comes in? Thinking of getting the muscular body. Based on hlj I'd expect it to come to $45, which is about the same price I paid in HK for it IIRC.

JuN said...

I have the same problem with Misa, I think its those extender rings on the arms that cause it. Definately not an isolated case.

Sad to hear bout light's shoulder being broken. Hope yr able to fix it soon.

Anonymous said...

: ] thanks for posting such awesome photos of your RAH's. I'm getting a hold of the deathnote ones right now, (at least Misa is in the mail).

D: I had no idea just how fragile these dolls are. ^^;; I'm kind of scared now...

Sideswipe said...

Medicom RAHs are notorious for how fragile they are but they do look great when displayed. Only advice I can give is, try to give ample support & don't exert too much force when moving the joints around.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!