Wednesday 16 July 2008

Surf's Up!

When Bowen Designs released its first Museum Pose Silver Surfer FS (Full-size Statue), there were 2 versions available: Painted & Chromed. For this new Action Pose Surfer, BD managed to strike a balance between the 2. This new paint job is not as shiny as the Chromed (chrome makes it hard to see the details in the sculpt) & not as flat looking as the Painted. Furthermore, the Action Pose sculpt is just spot on!















The Surfer fits in quite nicely with my Sideshow Fantastic Four Diorama:





The first two BD Silver Surfer statues are commanding rocket high prices in the secondary market now, I foresee this one going in the same direction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a nice collection!!!!

I collect Bowen, Sideshow stuff too. Though I am a beginner. Mostly I get my statues from ebay or simplytoys, woot! anything u happen to let go? WIll like to keep in touch with u!

theangrydynamo@gmail.com

:)

Sideswipe said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Feel free to drop me a mail (sideswipe04@yahoo.com.sg) if you're looking for any statue or bust & I see if I can help.

You might also like to join in our statues/busts discussions on a local forum:

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showforum=44

Cheers!