Saturday 11 August 2007

New • Soft • Oldies

My latest Transformers acquisitions:

Takara-Tomy Transformers Encore Reissues


01-Convoy (Optimus Prime) & 02-Megatron



03-Soundwave with Condor (Laserbeak) & 04-Starscream

These are mass-market reissues of the original Transformers toys, first released in 1985. This is the fourth Takara reissue for Convoy, third reissue for Megatron & Starscream, & the second reissue for Soundwave. What I like about this series is the packaging, they look almost exactly like the old box designs except for some of the logos. Nostalgia sweetness! Don't think I'll be removing the toys from their boxes though, since I already opened their previous reissues.




Also just got these:


Hasbro Transformers Plushes: Slumblebee & Softimus Prime
& yes, they actually do Transform! (lol)
I can't thank BH enough for bringing these 2 back from the States for me!

7 comments:

KENNY said...

I'm not sure if its a problem with all the Starscreams, but mine had a crooked nose.

Sideswipe said...

Hmmm... You mean the nosecone in jet mode or the nose in robot mode? Lemme take a look at mine again.

Sideswipe said...

The nosecone on mine looks pretty straight
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sideswipe/tfess01.jpg

KENNY said...

I meant the nosecone in jet mode. I only discovered it was crooked when I opened to inspect.

Anonymous said...

Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream... the foundations of any good Transformers collection.

Oh, yeah, and, um... I'm jealous.

Shaun said...

hey dude, wanna meet up at tfh this sun? http://testicular-fortitude.blogspot.com/2007/08/damn-good-reason-to-be-tfh-on-26807.html

Sideswipe said...

Thanks for the heads-up! Sadly, I'm heading to a friend's place in Indonesia this weekend.